Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

We woke up to a cold, misty, and overcast Thanksgiving with Evie waking up bright and early at 6am. Later that morning I left to participate in our annual tradition, the "Thomas Trot". the small scale version of the Turkey Trot. It all started with my mom and I joining Lindy, Abbey, and Dane for the 5K Dallas Turkey Trot through the streets of downtown Dallas. Two years ago the Turkey Trot was so crowded, it took us about twenty minutes to start walking. We decided it was way to crowded, so Lindy and Lindsay (Abbey's parents) decided to host their very own "Thomas Trot", which is a 5K walk from their house through Andy Brown Park (right behind their house). Last year we took Evie, but this year it was too cold. Judd stayed home with Evie, while I went to the park. Since I am training to run a 5K in December, I ran a good 2 1/2 miles. Despite the misty 40 degree weather, it wasn't too bad.

While I was gone, Judd and Evie read her Thanksgiving Parade book. Then they watched the Macy's Parade. Evie really enjoyed watching the floats and balloons. Now Evie loves reading her Thanksgiving book to herself.

After Evie woke up from her nap, we started decorating our Christmas tree. Judd had fun "decorating" Evie with stringed beads. Unfortunately, Evie liked the beads so much, she pulled most of them off the tree!



Every time Evie notices the Christmas tree she responds with a "wow" or "ooh". She then rushes up to the tree, grabs an ornament, and eagerly gives the ornament to Judd or me. One time she pulled off a picture frame ornament of Judd and I, pointing to Judd saying "Dada, Da!" Then she put the ornament down and kissed it! (She doesn't really say "mama" yet. : (




Later that evening, we ate Thanksgiving dinner at Gwen's house. You'll notice that Evie is holding grapes in the picture. She was obsessed with those grapes and carried them around the house all night.



No comments:

Post a Comment