Back in September, I decided that I would start running, because I wasn't making it to the gym on a regular basis. Running intrigued me because I ALWAYS hated it. The only time I ever ran was in high school PE class during summer school in hot, muggy Florida. It was misery. Anyway, I decided to run because I heard of a 5K training program that only required one to exercise three times a week for 30 minutes. Surely, I thought I could fit that into my schedule, and I did. After eight weeks of training, I comfortably ran 5 kilometers/ 3.1 miles at the Dallas Jingle Bell Run. They closed down streets in the arts district. There were lots of crazy people dressed up like Santa, elves, and reindeer. Since it was so crowded, I ran to finish the race, not to run fast. I finished in 38 minutes, which is NOTHING to brag about. :o)
Just finished
Abbey, Carmen, Rachel, Me, and Sandy
No comments:
Post a Comment