Friday, April 22, 2011

Evie at 20 Months

Every once in a while I try to document Evie's developmental stages. I have found that the blog is the easiest way to do that. This is more for my desire to remember Evie's stages.
  • She speaks about 60 + words
  • Learns at least one new word a day
  • Sorts primary colors with prompting
  • Can pick out a requested color when given two choices
  • Says, "please" and "amen" (precious)
  • Puts on some of her own shoes (not the right feet)
  • Feeds herself with a spoon and fork
  • Sings along to songs (in gibberish)
  • Tries to make hand motions to songs
  • Loves to dance
  • Asks, "who's/ what's that" constantly
  • Exclaims, "wow" many times a day
  • Loves looking at books
  • Points at specific items in books when asked to find them
  • Points at individual letters within a word when it is very large print like on a tshirt
  • Kisses mommy and daddy's boo boos
  • Mimics people's/ TV character's actions (blowing her nose, flushing the toilet, talking on the phone, drinking coffee, funny faces)
  • Pretend play: Talks on the play phone, puts baby to bed, feeds baby, puts baby in stroller, plays with doll house, pretends to drink out of doll house coffee pot
  • Talks to herself during pretend play, "night night, baby" "hello" "meow"
  • Asks to play with her neighbor, Chase, by standing at the front door saying  his name
  • Loves school! Gives her teachers hugs and kisses
  • Blows kisses goodbye
  • Picks up the tiniest pieces of dust or paper ans says, "ew, trash" and insists on going to the trash can immediately
  • She LOVES shoes- any shoes... hers, mommy's, daddy's, dollie's
  • Loves swings...since birth!
I suppose I could go on, but I'll stop there. Wow, I just can't believe how fast Evie is becoming her own person! I love her so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment