Saturday, June 15, 2013

Baby Sling

Kate suffers from the "witching hour" during the evening from 5pm to 10pm. I rock her, sing to her, shush her, nurse her, jiggle her, swaddle her (repeat every hour)... and the list could go on and on. The other day my friend told me that her baby loved being in a baby sling. I had one of those packed away from when Evie was a baby. I never used the thing or even tried it with Evie. The pacifier worked magic on Evie, so I just stuck with it and never tried anything else. Kate, however, is a little more challenging to get settled down for the evening. Desperate for ANYTHING to work, I found that sling and tried it out, and to my excitement, Kate LOVES it! Within about 10 minutes of being in it she fell asleep! I cooked dinner & ate dinner, folded laundry, played with Evie all while she was snoozing away! The other day Evie and I went on a walk to check the mail and ran into some neighbors. Evie played with her friend Chase for about 45 minutes all while Kate was sleeping in the sling! Kate rested in the sling when we walked around the Arboretum. Success. I am so relieved to get some relief from cranky time!


No comments:

Post a Comment