GLAZER CHILDREN'S MUSEUM
We asked around and many people with kids recommended this museum. Honestly, I thought it was very overpriced and inappropriate for a two year old. It might be worth it if it was on GROUPON. I've gotten spoiled with Texas cities AND churches offering very affordable activities for families. I <3 Dallas.
CURTIS HIXON PARK
(outside of the museum)
This park was so great! It sits on the Hillsborough River and has several splash fountains for kids.
the park is on the Hillsborough River
across the river is the Unniversity of Tampa, which used to be the first tourist hotel in Tampa
downtown Tampa in the background
KATE JACKSON PARK
This park was not too far from the museum, so we headed over. It sits in Hyde Park, a historic Tampa neighborhood. The house that my dad lived in when he was a baby is across the street. Living so close to the park when he was a kid, my dad remembers playing there with his friends and siblings. He also broke his leg on the merry go round when he was one year old! That was the beginning of his is MANY injuries as a "Dean Boy".
Dad's first house (by the park)
it was one story when he lived in it
the house where my dad grew up (a couple minutes from the park)
my dad went to the school where I had my first teaching position
No comments:
Post a Comment