Tuesday, the day after Labor Day, Evie started the first day of her last year of preschool! I am so thankful I got to send her off on her first day of Pre-K. She was so excited to get started! She has a couple of familiar faces from last year in her class. The teacher is on maternity leave and will return right about when I return to work. The neat part is that her teacher has children at my school, so we may cross paths when I am at work! When I picked up Evie from her first day, she already seemed older. She was explaining the class rules to me and that she got to go to science discovery class. Every time the teacher wanted them to go to a new table of "toys" she clapped her hands. During morning carpet time, Evie got to tell the weather. By the end of they year I'm sure I will be amazed by how much she will have matured. It's hard to believe that in a year, Evie will be riding to ELEMENTARY school with me!
sunflower garden at Evie's school
They are several raised beds that the kids help maintain! So cool.
Today Evie, Katy and I were in Evie's room. I put Katy on the floor on her back while I helped Evie clean her room. I stepped out for a second to put away laundry in Katy's room across the hall. I returned to see my baby on her tummy! For weeks, she has been so close to turning over. She would get her hips and stomach over, but one of her arms would always get pinned underneath, and she'd flop back over onto her back. Well, today she rolled over all the way and I didn't see it happen! Too funny. She can also inch her way across the floor by army crawling. I have a feeling this little girl is going to be on the move faster than I think. She has her big sister to follow.
Such a sweet face. All I have are some blurry cell phone pics to show for her "first" roll over.
She's doing the "super man" as we call it in boot camp.
Maybe sometime soon I can write a post about a FIRST time for sleeping through the night.... Don't get your hopes up, because we aren't even close. Haha!



No comments:
Post a Comment